Making a Complaint
What to do if you want to complain
Rosolite Mortgages is responsible for providing and administering mortgages. We strive to provide an excellent service so, if something goes wrong and you need to complain we will take it seriously and do our best to resolve your complaint promptly and fairly.
Making a complaint
If you have a problem please contact us as soon as possible. If you call us we will try to resolve the problem during the call, or tell you how we are going to resolve it. When you make a complaint, please provide the following information:
- The account holder’s name and address
- The account number for the mortgage or loan affected
- Contact details for the person making the complaint, including any preferred contact times
- A clear description of what you are complaining about
- Details of what you would like us to do to put things right
- Copies of any relevant correspondence and/or details of any calls you have previously made to us
What we will do and how long it will take
We will try to resolve your complaint immediately. Failing that, we will aim to resolve your complaint within three business days of receipt and if we are able to do this, a letter (called a 'summary resolution communication') will be issued to you confirming your complaint has been resolved.
If we cannot resolve your complaint within three business days of receipt we will:
- Aim to respond within five business days of receipt. However, there may be situations where this timeframe cannot be met. In these situations a written acknowledgement will be sent to you as soon as is practical
- Tell you if we need any more information from you or anyone else to help us investigate your complaint
- Provide a final written response to the person making the complaint within four weeks of receipt, or tell you when we expect to provide one. In these instances we will respond to your complaint within a maximum of eight weeks of receipt
What to do if you are not satisfied with our response
If you are not satisfied with our final written response, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). This is a free and independent service to help customers resolve problems with financial services companies. FOS will only consider your complaint once we have had an opportunity to hear your concerns and resolve the issue.
If your complaint is related to PPI
In March 2017, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) confirmed that customers wishing to complain about the mis-sale of their PPI policy (if sold before 29 August 2017) have until 29 August 2019 to register their complaint. This means that you will need to have registered your PPI mis-selling complaint with us by this date in order for us to consider your case.
You can find out more about the PPI complaints deadline on the FCA website.
Please find the PPI questionnaire here on the Financial Ombudsman website. Once you've filled this in, print and post to:
PO Box 121
How to contact us
0370 702 0066*
Monday - Friday: 8.30am - 5.30pm
PO Box 121
How to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
0800 023 4 567
Calls to this number are normally free from landlines and mobiles.
0300 123 9 123
Calls to this number cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02).
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Please note - FOS will not look at your complaint until you have exhausted our internal complaints procedure and received our final response letter.
FOS publish details of rulings on their website, including a database of their previous rulings.
In accordance with our obligations to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), you can see the latest summary of reportable complaints received by Topaz Finance Limited here.
For more information...
The FCA publishes complaints figures and provides analysis on recent industry complaint data.
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) also publishes information about complaints they receive as well as informative guidance on a wide range of financial matters.